Although Earth Day is everyday ––the official calendar celebration is April 22, 2016–– but Anjou will be spotlighting this April as Earth Month in Bend, Oregon!
Since it’s Earth Month, we’re challenging our staff and clients to BE GREEN for 30 days and we’d love for you to participate too. So, ask yourself, “What can you do to help make our planet a better place? To reduce your carbon footprint? To live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle?”
Let’s say up front that “going green” does not have to be a daunting event that means huge life changes. Simple changes can make a big difference, and take little to no additional effort –– especially after 30 days of doing something –– it becomes a habit!
Here are some suggestions to adopt as your Green Challenge for the next 30 days:
- Bring your own coffee mug to coffee houses when you’re getting your joe to go!
- Wash your laundry in cold or warm water only
- Ride your bike to work! Rain, cold, or shine!
- Wrap gifts creatively! Reduce waste, and get creative
- Hang your laundry out to dry in our blue bird skies
- Plant a tree, some flowers, or any oxygen creator / honey bee food (we’re giving away wildflower seeds all month long!)
- Commit to using only your Enviro Bags (available at Anjou!) for grocery shopping
- Go paperless with your bills!
We hope this gives you some suggestions for your Green Challenge this month. Wherever you’re at in living a green lifestyle, let’s take something new on, and make a difference. Let’s support each other and share our Green Challenge on our Anjou Facebook Page.
Winner will be announced May 1 –– earning themselves a $200 spa gift card!